Google
 

Friday 18 January 2008

Books, books and more books

It's that time of year again when all librarians get really excited about awards. Nope not the Oscars, not the BAFTAS, not even the Golden Globe Awards. Say hurrah for the Carnegie Awards.

The long list is out and we are just waiting fo rthe short list and its full steam ahead for the shadowing events. There is even a shadowing site you can go to: http://www.carnegiegreenaway.org.uk/shadowingsite/default.asp

Go on have a look - you know you want to. :-)

...and when I say long list, I mean loooooonnnnngggg. The current list is over forty books! Luckily it gets whittled to arond 6 books each year. Luckily for me that is. I have to ask for book reviews from the kids to know who to take to the Shadowing event. Last year I had about ten reviews for each book - that's sixty reviews to read. Did I mention I work part-time? The kids weren't the only ones doing homework! I'm definitely thinking about doing a quiz this year.

So if you're stuck for a book to read at the moment why not look at the Carngie award nominees for inspiration. That's what I'm going to tell the kids anyway...

No comments:

Do you believe in Chartership?