Google
 

Tuesday 22 April 2008

more rejections :-(

As readers of my blog may know, I wrote a children's/young adult book over the last summer holiday and I am now trying to get an agent.

I have to say getting an agent is 100 times harder than writing the thing itself. I loved writing the manuscript, I spent whole days doing it and when I showed it to the kids in the school I work in - well that was the best bit.

Except now is the crunch time. I had another two rejections today and I am feeling quite despondent. Only another nine chances for the agents and then I am going to send it to publishers.

The kids were asking today if I had it published yet. Bless 'em. I mentioned I had a couple of rejections today and one of them was quite indignant on my behalf. The weird thing was her favourite chapter was the sad one where I killed a puppy. In my defence, the death was essential for character development and it motivated her for what happened next. That this was the little girl's favourite part of the book? I think that is quite morbid. …but hey, at least she had a favourite part!

No comments:

Do you believe in Chartership?