Google
 

Sunday 3 February 2008

Idiot Branding

I was reading the Times the other day when one of the articles particularly caught my eye for stupidity. Apparently, Woolworths, had a bedroom set made and marketed for kids.

Brilliant you might think what did it look like? Well it was white and pink, everthing a 6 year old girl could want in a bed combo. That is until you find out what it was called....

No, it wasn't Judy, or Annie or even Liz, Nope they chose Lolita! Of all the names they could have chosen that had the the worst.

When it was brought to 'Woollies' attention none of the staff had even heard of the name. To be honest though if Yahoo wasn't so absolutely terrible at keeping spam from my inbox I probably wouldn't have known about it either (I'm not in the habit of reading books from 1955 about child abuse). You would think though that they would do a quick Google check before branding something aimed at 6 year old girls!

By the power of irate mums from raisingkids.co.uk, 'Woollies' retracted the £395 sleeper. Hurrah for parents and common sense!

...and I thought the play bunny stuff was in bad taste!

1 comment:

Logo design team said...

The tips you have given in your article is so good that I tried it myself. It worked like wonder, thank you for posting such valuable information.

Do you believe in Chartership?